[TYPO3-core] RFC: htmlArea RTE Position Accessibility icons

Patrick Broens patrick at patrickbroens.nl
Fri Feb 23 08:54:52 CET 2007

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Patrick Broens wrote: on 06.02.2007 15:36:
>
>> Problem:
>> In the extension configuration of htmlArea RTE is an option to add
>> accessibility icons in front of the links. However, these icons are
>> normally behind the link and not in front. We need to stick to the
>> guidelines and what people are used to.
>>
>> Solution:
>> I would like to add an extra option that puts the icons behind the links
>> instead of in front of them. Administrators can still choose whether
>> they want the icons in front or after the link.
>>
>> Additionally the current icons are not according the guidelines and are
>> not representing their functionality. I would like to change them, but I
>> think that can cause problems with existing websites. Therefor I would
>> like to add new icons to the extension and refer to them in the manual
>> how to change the default set.
>
> I think this is a good idea, but there are some work in the patch still
> needed:
>
> - pageTSConfig2.txt could have a more meaningful name
> (pageTSiconsBehind.txt?)
Good suggestion, I'll change that

> - as Stucki noticed, the variable in the JS should also be called
> "iconBehindLink" instead of "position".
I'll do this as well

> - it does not seem to work here on my setup. In PageTS I can see that
> RTE.classesAnchor.xxx.iconBehindLink = 1 is set for all types of links.
> I reloaded everything from the server (no proxies, ctrl-reload in IE).
> But images are still being placed before the link text.
Delete all javascript files related to rtehtmlarea in typo3temp. They
are created when a new version of rtehtmlarea is installed an run for
the first time. After this, the files are not generated anymore unless
they are not present in the typo3temp directory anymore. They don't have
to, when the version is still the same. In the case of this code review,
the version hasn't changed as well, so you need to delete them manually
when reviewing.

Cheers,

Patrick