[TYPO3-core] RFC: garbage characters are shown if form validation fails

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Feb 21 15:40:21 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>
>> This is SVN patch request.
>>
>> Branches: all
>>
>> BT ref: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3527
>>
>> Problem: if mailform contains non-latin1 characters in field names and
>> JS validation fails for the form, JS message shows field names
>> incorrectly (garbage instead of normal characters).
>>
>> Solution: see the attached patch. Patch is not made by me but I tested
>> it and it fixes the issue. Also many people confirmed it in
>> corresponding bug report.
>
> Patch is recalled due potential problems with various non-unicode
> encodings.

To make it work for FORM-cObject just add the necessary conversions to the
code that collects the field list.

See diff (untested).

But if we add this we should check on which browsers this work. I'm a bit
unhappy to break a site for an admin just because we say no to IE 5.5 (or
whatever his users use).

Masi