[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-security] RFC: EM displays insecure extensions

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Tue Feb 20 11:49:00 CET 2007

Hi.

On 16.02.2007, at 16:11, Rupert Germann wrote:
> But I you configure your EM to show '... extensions without review
> (basic
> security check):' (as the text next to the checkbox states) ALL
> extensions
> will be listed also those with reviewstate set to -1 (= they have
> NOT passed
> a basic security check and are known to be insecure/dangerous/crap...)

I checked for 4.1, with the DB-based extension list cache. Two
problems are addresses by the attached patch:
  * the database field for reviewstate was unsigned, thus it never
stored -1
  * the code didn't filter a reviewstate of < 0

For 4.0 the needed change affects the code only to ignore review
states < 0 completely. See attached diff.

Regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns