[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug: IRRE - Related child records are not updated when copying to a different page

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Fri Feb 16 12:29:05 CET 2007

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>>> Examples:
>>> 1) hotel --[1:n]--> offer --[1:n] --> price
>>> 2) hotel --[1:n]--> hotel_offer_rel <--[1:n]-- offer
>>>    or in short form: hotel <--[m:n]--> offer
>>>
>>> Result: It is wanted that also child records which depend on their real
>>> parent are moved, copied or deleted according to their parent record.
>> You mean, deleting the hotel shall delete all offer and price records of
>> this hotel? Sounds good.
>>
>> But:
>>
>> company --[1:n]--> job --[1:n] --> person
>>
>> Just because I delete the company I don't want to delete the person
>> (which may get another job at another company).
>
> Exactly, that's the way it works.
>
> In that case only the company and the jobs will be deleted, but not the
> persons.

Hm, that's not completely true... ;-)
The whole structure Masi mentioned will be deleted when the parent is
removed (1:n composition). But a person can have different employments
and thus different jobs (e.g. being the manager of a company by day and
working in a supermarket at night). A working structure could be:

company --[1:n]--> job --[1:n]--> job_person_rel <--[1:n]-- person

If the company is deleted, the job is removed as well. But the person
will stay untouched - only the information about the employment, the
relation on the table "job_person_rel" itself, will be removed.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/