[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 4984: Icons in navigation menu not clickable

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Thu Feb 15 20:10:25 CET 2007

Hi Oliver,

Oliver Hader wrote on 15.02.2007 17:16:
> Problem:
> This is a tweak issue. The icons displayed in the left navigation menu
> are not clickable.
>
> Solution:
> Just wrap the icons with an <a> tag.

generally I like the idea of having the icons clickable. But simply adding
an a tag around the img tag isn't sufficient, because then we have two links
next to each other for the same purpose. The target for the 4.x line is
"usability" and doubling the flickering (of the mouse pointer) in the module
list IMHO ain't an improvement of usability.

About the flickering: it's possible to avoid it by having just one a tag
around both icon and label, but this would need larger changes. Let's add
that to our wishlist for 4.2. -- Maybe "task list" fits better here.

> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4984
>
> Branches: Trunk & TYPO3_4-0

Hmm, I'm afraid I have to bring it up once again: this _is_ a new feature
and so it can't get neither into branch TYPO3_4-0 nor (currently) into trunk.

-1 from me

Regards,
Thorsten