[TYPO3-core] RFC: Hook request in t3lib_tceforms

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Feb 14 20:22:57 CET 2007

Ingo Renner wrote:
> I think we shouldn't introduce hooks in patch level versions as this
> might also end up with extensions requiring path level versions of
> TYPO3 which is not good somehow.

Exactly - that was what I tried to explain already.

> I do not see problems whatsoever with introducing them after feature
> freeze.

... because they are hooks and not features. Yes.

> If you don't get it in now, you have to wait until 4.2

ACK. And you already got enough approvals to do this, so go ahead please! :-)

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> I did not meant this patch for 4.1 ... i knew that we have feature
> freeze as RC1 is out already.
>
> Sorry I missed to add:
>
> Branches: Trunk only
>
> in the RFC

Currently there is no 4.1 branch (yet) so Trunk still means 4.1 :-)

> > First, could you initialize this as a string, please?
> >
> >         var $extraFormHeaders = '';
>
> As $extraFormHeaders get's imploded() i think i should initalize it as
> an array - don't you ?

I can't look at the patch atm. but think that this line is not executed in all
cases. Can you please check that?

> I would not have a problem getting this patch only into 4.1.1 or 4.2.0

See above: No new hooks in patchlevel versions (=> 4.1.1)

Regards, michael