[TYPO3-core] Getting an overview

Rupert Germann rg at rupert-germann.de
Fri Feb 9 19:20:20 CET 2007

Hi,

I also agree that security gets priority over compatibility but when I tested
the new "pageNotFoundOnCHashError" feature in RC1 for problems with tt_news
(http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4948) which can easily be solved, I found
another Problem again which is caused by the GETvars of the adminpanel.

steps to reproduce this bug:
- open a page which uses a cHash in its URL (f.i. a news single view)
- click on 'Update' or 'Clear cache now' in the adminpanel

you should see the message: 'Error! Reason: Request parameters could not be
validated (&cHash comparison failed)'

the reason for this is obviously that the adminpanel params are added to the
cHash what causes a mismatch.

Last year I wrote a patch for this problem which was never applied to the core
because the discussion about this patch became a discussion about how patch
approvals should look like - and then I forgot it somehow....
here's the post:
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-team-core/2006-April/004048.html

the patch is attached to this mail

greets
rupert

PS: this is a SVN patch request, Branches: HEAD, TYPO3_4-0