[TYPO3-core] Wishlist from ECT

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Thu Feb 8 21:34:00 CET 2007

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:

> "pear" would be the extension, what has the BE-module to install more
> stuff, "PEAR" the container for the PEAR-packages.

If "pear" is an extension it should go to "ext". Anything it installs
should go to typo3conf/tx_pear.

It could be integrated into typo3/mod (though I dislike the idea), but
still data should go to typo3conf (as mod, it might be named
"typo3conf/pear").

As for mass hosting: any ISP can add to a typo3 directoy what he likes
IMHO typo3/ext is a remnant of a not ideal directory layout.

Ideally it should have been like this:

"typo3" = source dir
"typo3/ext" = global dir, better "typo3global/ext"
"typo3conf" = local dir, better "typo3local"

So what exactly is the point in adding an empty "pear" directory in
"contrib"?

Masi