[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix bug 4592: Keep indexed_search tables consistent when deleting pages

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Feb 6 08:10:53 CET 2007

Hi Dmitry,

> Patch looks good, so go on :) However I remembered one thing that we
> want to consider for future (or at least keep in our heads). Problem can
> be in the quoted lines below:
>
> Michael Stucki wrote:
>> +            $where_clause = 'phash IN
>> ('.implode(','
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->cleanIntArray($pHashesToDelete)).')';
>> +                    $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_DELETEquery($table, $where_clause);
>
> I remember that Oracle (at least, Oracle 8) can have only 99 items in
> "IN" list. This is absolutely no problem here but can be a problem at
> some other place. Just keep it in your head...

Interesting, I didn't know that.

However, I wonder how we might deal with such a problem? Is it a problem
that needs to be fixed on TYPO3 side, or is it a bug in Oracle?

Anyway, since you agreed that the feature makes sense, I committed it as is.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out