[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request 4886: Refresh left menu frame if extension with backend module was installed or removed

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Sat Feb 3 17:08:22 CET 2007

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Karsten Dambekalns wrote:
>
>>  --- snip ---
>> Karsten Dambekalns 20.01.06
>> Automatically reloading might be a bad idea, since an admin may want to
>> see messages produced by the installation. So it may be better to show a
>> link for reloading the BE.
>>

> Good reason. +1 for the link.

It would have been possible to do this by javascript but with much more
effort than just using a link. This solution is simple and helpful.
Thanks for the hint!
Well, I reduced the patch to just show the mentioned link if an
extension containing one or more modules was installed. See the attached
new patch.

olly