[TYPO3-core] RFC: make the page tree filter pretty

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sun Dec 16 15:31:28 CET 2007

Hi Benni,

+1 based on testing and reviewing the code, I like it.

The only thing that disturbes me a bit is the white background color of
the bar. I think the skins usually define different background colors
specifically, with css classes like bg3 or so. Could you change it to
one of those?

cheers
Ingmar

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey all,
>
> I took Ingo's work over and refined it. This is the first patch of the
> Tree improvements - series for 4.2.
>
> This patch against trunk does the following:
>
> * Refactor Kaspers code (by Ingo mostly)
> * Based on the latest prototype (also in trunk already, so no need to
> ship it extra)
> * Adds the filter not with alpha channel (IE 6 can not do this) but with
> a solid white background.
> * Add a top bar to the page tree. This way it looks good, does not take
> too much space, plus I added the "refresh tree from server icon" and the
> CSH icon up there.
>
> The two search*png files should go into typo3/gfx/, the "navbar.png" is
> a preview on how it should look like.
>
> Please test and review, then we can proceed with the next steps.
>
> I think this solution we all can live with, since it does not take too
> much space, although the filter box is still not useful yet.
>
> If anyone is not happy with the design yet, please write the patch for
> it as we all now, everybody has a different taste.
>
> The next steps for me would be:
>
> * Adding a "Expand All" / "Collapse All" button to the top bar.
> * Making the Filter AJAX based to search the whole tree (server side)
> and not just grey out the bad ones but narrow down the page list.
> * Playing around with the position (could go to the bottom as well,
> maybe as the default or as an option.... could be sticky at the top or
> at the bottom).
> * Make the Installer menu similar to the pagetree menu
> * Make it look good in the Cleaner Backend.
>
> I'll start working on these jobs once this patch is in the core.

Ingmar Schlecht
TYPO3 Association Active Member