[TYPO3-core] RFC: make the page tree filter pretty

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Sun Dec 16 13:34:00 CET 2007

Hi Ingo,

I propose separate commits:

a) I change the image to the transparent one again, see if I can get it
to work in IE6, then I'd change the event code to "dom:loaded". Then I'd
be waiting for two missing +1s :).

b) The searchfield class should go separate. although I don't see yet
why we need a separate and big class for something that took me 4 lines
of code in my example. I don't want to have 10 searchfields displayed
everywhere in the BE. (I kinda did not like the page tree filter in the
first place anyway as we could handle it over the whole BE search).
Think of how many search fields google has ;-).

c) Anyone else can then change the pagetreefielter code to make it the
searchfield-class code. Maybe I'll do this once I do more work with the
filter (AJAX search).

I really just want to get this initial cleanup patch in the core, as it
really looks horrifying right now.

--
greetings,
benni.