[TYPO3-core] RFC: 6945 Log login failures with t3lib_div::syslog()

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Dec 13 12:46:20 CET 2007

Ingo Renner schrieb:

> Am 13.12.2007 um 11:55 schrieb Martin Kutschker:
>
> Hi Masi,
>
>> Because we have only a log level (info ...-> critical), but no
>> facility/type (message, news, auth).
>
> IMO this is another request, do you agree?
>
> Andreas now got the necessary amount of +1s for _his_ change. If you
> want to have additional functionality you're free to make a patch...
>
> Please let's always focus on the concrete request and not always discuss
> further feature requests, if you want more you should come up with
> another patch request.
>
> deal?

To be honest I think that such behaviour incereases the quality of the
code. It's cheap enough (nowadays) to get a +1 for nearly everything.

But does that mean we have to rush everything in? Why don't take the time
to evaluate my point. Maybe I'm wrong and it isn't an issue in the end.

It's not that I have suggested somethink that would take days to implement.
I reckon it'll take one or two hours max. of additional coding for Andreas
(or any other) the way I thought be done.

Masi