[TYPO3-core] RFC: TCAdefaults for MM-Fields #4022, #4060

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Tue Dec 11 19:23:11 CET 2007

Hi Bernhard,

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
>> I'm sorry but I have to disagree. The severity of this bug is not
>> particularly high, because it's just a missing feature. So just take
>> your time until you can properly take care of the patch.
>
> Here I have to disagree.
>
> It is clearly stated that by setting:
>
> TCAdefaults.[tablename].[fieldname] = [value]
>
> you can set default values of all (allowed) fields. This is not the
> case for MM fields - so I regard this as bug.

I know this is a feature in the documentation which doesn't work in the
specific case of MM relations - and therefore a bug. But such bugs are
nothing that I consider severity "block" or the like.

> I did not say that you Ingmar, have to submit this to SVN. But I clearly
> asked
> if "anybody" having SVN access could submit this (In fact the bug is
> assigned
> to Oliver - but I guess Oliver has about a few hundred bugs assigned :)

No worries! I was just saying that there is no pressure to get this in
very urgently, so you or anyone who cares has plenty of time left to
commit it in time for the next 4.1 release in about one and a half month
from now.

cheers
Ingmar

--