[TYPO3-core] RFC: TCAdefaults for MM-Fields #4022, #4060

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Tue Dec 11 19:17:00 CET 2007

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:

> I'm sorry but I have to disagree. The severity of this bug is not
> particularly high, because it's just a missing feature. So just take
> your time until you can properly take care of the patch.

Here I have to disagree.

It is clearly stated that by setting:

TCAdefaults.[tablename].[fieldname] = [value]

you can set default values of all (allowed) fields. This is not the
case for MM fields - so I regard this as bug.

Else we would/should/could mention here:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsconfig/4.1.0/view/1/2/#id3822379

that TCAdefaults doesn't work for MM fields.

I did not say that you Ingmar, have to submit this to SVN. But I clearly asked
if "anybody" having SVN access could submit this (In fact the bug is assigned
to Oliver - but I guess Oliver has about a few hundred bugs assigned :)

greets,
Bernhard