[TYPO3-core] RFC: Cleanup #6713: Remove "text_properties" etc. from tt_content table

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Fri Dec 7 11:14:33 CET 2007

Hey Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> Just came over this thread. Why cannot we remove these fields from "types" section and keep them in database for compatibility?

For compatibility is correct, but we have to draw a line between:

* Compatibility with TYPO3 3.8 and
* Compatibility with Webstandards in 2000

Same goes for the static_templates :). I think we should break the holy
cow at some point, otherwise TYPO3 will really become bloated. We should
come up with something like:
If deprecated two major releases before (e.g. 4.0) then it's allowed to
remove it with the next version (v 4.2). The discussion should be at the
point where something becomes deprecated and not when it's about to be
removed (so it's a clear workflow).

About the DB fields: I created this patch because I think of projects
where you have 10.000 tt_content records. If every record has 5 fields
less in the DB (doesn't matter if the field is set to "0" or "1"),
wouldn't the less amount of data (on disk) as well as a minimal speed
improvement be the results?

--
greetings,
benni.