[TYPO3-core] RFC: Splitting CMS-TCA into several files (clean up)

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Wed Dec 5 12:05:51 CET 2007

Hi!

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Malte Jansen wrote:
>> After some benchmarks it (justing including the new-files and
>> including the old ones)
>> New (loading 7 different files): ~20-30ms
>> Old (loading 6 times the same file and once the tt_content): ~70-100ms
>
> How did you profile it?

I only made small check with microtime() with echo $stop-$start.
I have tested it on Apache2 with WinXP with 1,7GHz 512MB.

So if you have a big page with many users (fe,be) it gains more and more
weight.

(I hope this is what you mean)

>> So it's clear thar including different small files is faster than
>> including 6 times the same big file.
>
> Why do you need to icnlude the same file 6 times? Cannot you include it
> just once? :)

Because you always load the same file 'dynamicConfigFile' =>
t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY).'tbl_cms.php'
in the sysext/cms/ext_tables.php.

So if you splitting this file you only have to load the part you need.
So you include 6 times 24KB and not just 6 times ~4-5KB.

Cheers,

Malte