[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request #6882: Enable stdWrap for select.where

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Mon Dec 3 22:08:23 CET 2007

Hi Ernesto,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> looks easy, but we also have "andWhere", couldn't you just use that? It
> works exactly like "where" with the only difference that it already does
> stdWrap. Having both settings seems a bit strange to me, but I guess it
> was done to make the typoscript "readable":

Of course I could use that, but I've more than one statement there.
Something like the following doesn't also look "clean" to me ("1=1"):

select.where = 1=1
select.andWhere = colPos={field:colPos} AND pid IN ({field:pages})
select.andWhere.insertData = 1

> So my idea would be: instead of making "where" a stdWrap, we make it an
> indexed array where each element is a stdWrapped "andWhere" subpart, we
> could make this a bit more flexible:
>
>  select.where.1 = a=b
>  select.where.2.data = register:colPos
>  select.where.2.wrap = colPos=|
>  select.where.2.required = 1

I like this idea and I'll create a patch for the array solution
tomorrow. Thus, we can mark "andWhere" as deprecated.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/