[TYPO3-core] RFC: a hook in TCEforms to complement hook in TCEmain

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Aug 31 09:19:16 CEST 2007

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
>> What you are trying to accomplish is the same as what is already done
>> for RTE fields; transformations. I don't know if it would be helpful
>> for you to look at that. I know I made an RTE API which
>> transformations can hook into. transformations can be set up for at
>> least "textarea" fields, I can't remember if they are also available
>> for other fields. But the idea might be to extend the
>> "transformation"-handles for any field type in a standardized way.
>>
>> Other than that hooks are fine with me.
>
> Forget this patch. I give up.

Forget my ramblings. If there is time we can come back to the
transformations idea. I think we can add the hook to the trun and, in case
we get transformations before the release of 4.2, remove it when it's
obsoleted.

I didn't want to shoot the hook down, but get folks interested in
enhancements to the TCA.

Masi