[TYPO3-core] RFC: Using severity in ChangeLog

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Aug 29 13:09:49 CEST 2007

Oliver Hader wrote:

> Wolfgang introduced the inclusion of the severity in the ChangeLog file
> in one of his last commits. I think it could be handy if reading (or
> parsing) the ChangeLog and rate each change.

It may come in handy to automatically build NEWS.txt from the ChangeLog by
grepping out all trivial stuff. So yes, why not, let's give it a try.

Let's come back on this in a few weeks and make a voting if we should keep
it that way, or revert it.

> So, what do you think about using these tags, like (trivial), (minor),
> (major), etc. in the ChangeLog in general?

Keep in mind that there is already the "!!!" prefix which is mostly used to
identify parts that require manual interaction by a user (stuff breaking
compatibility)...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out