[TYPO3-core] Fw: RFC: Bug 689: Domain Record with umlaut Domains not working

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Aug 29 13:59:27 CEST 2007

Hi Dmitry,

> Yet another reminder.
>
> This patch allows to enter domains with umlauts in typo3. "_small" patch
> is typo3-only code, while the other patch is complete patch with 3rd
> party framework to handle punycode.

I have no test case for this, so I can just review your code.

To me this feature makes sense but only for a little amount of domains. So I
think you should just leave it in a separate extension, however adding the
neccessary hooks, so it doesn't need XCLASSes anymore.

(Note: I plan to move the whole sys_domain handling into a separate system
extension, so it can be disabled if it's not needed. We could easily add a
recommendation for the "punycode" extension in this case...)

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out