[TYPO3-core] FYI: Fixed bug 6170: CSC - File locallang.php used in static template instead of locallang.xml

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Aug 29 13:16:26 CEST 2007

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

>>> As discussed with you via Skype, I changed the TYPO3 requirement for the
>>> sysext from 4.1.0 back to 3.8.0. The readLLfile() function in t3lib_div
>>> was released with TYPO3 3.8.0.
>>
>> I am not sure it is a good change. 3.8.0 had a different HTML markup.
>> This is why 4.0 had compatibility wizard. CSS styled content works
>> differently in 3.x and 4.x versions.
>
> I am also not sure why we would want a sysext compatible with an older
> TYPO3 version which we don't even support anymore.

I agree with Ernesto. This looks like an invitation for mixing new versions
of system extensions with old releases of TYPO3. Instead, we should not
care about them and try to push people to use recent versions as much as
possible.

If someone still depends on a specific functionality but cannot upgrade,
then backports should be built instead.

> At least the IMGTEXT rendering (render_textpic) will not work as
> expected in TYPO3 3.8.0, because:

Good point!

> So I vote for depending current css_styled_content to cms > 1.0.25 (or
> even TYPO3 > 4.0), which is when those stuff were added.

css_styled_content of TYPO3 4.1 should depend on TYPO3 4.1.[0-99] only.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out