[TYPO3-core] Fw: RFC: Bug 689: Domain Record with umlaut Domains not working

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Aug 28 11:59:31 CEST 2007

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
> I think having it in a sysext is not much of an advantage, because that
> way it still enlarges the core in terms of file size, but there's more
> hassle with it because you first need to install support for IDNA before
> using it. What's the disadvantage of integrating it directly in the core
> and make it work out-of-the-box so nothing at all needs to be configured?

IDNA will come with sysext, so there is no need to install it separately.

The problem is that there are additional checks and encoding of domain
names if we support IDNA domain names. This can be as minimal as
preg_match() but since it is not needed or wanted by 99% of people, we
can avoid it and speed up typo3 BE by 1 millisecond or so :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/