[TYPO3-core] Fw: RFC: Bug 689: Domain Record with umlaut Domains not working

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Aug 27 17:09:36 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Wasn't there anoterh patch that tried to solve this at the typolink
> level? Anyway the approach looks good to me.

No idea about another patch. May be it was buit I do not remember
anything like this.

www.xn--mller-kva.at but see below.

> Depending on the answer the check in t3lib_tcaforms.php must be changed.

Actually, I just discovered that patch has a error. It will convert
punycode domain name back to normal string only if that starts from
xn--. So, www.xn--whatever will not be converted back. But I made a
quick extension named "punycode" to get punycode support until it all
works in the core. This problem is solved there.

Now the question is: do we still need punycode support in the core? It
seems that only you and me care ;) If we do need it, I will make an
updated patch for core. If no, let it be in extension. Less fat in typo3
core this way.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/