[TYPO3-core] RFC: Add user function support to Constant Editor

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Aug 27 13:56:48 CEST 2007

Am 27.08.2007 um 13:14 schrieb Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]:

> Ingo Renner wrote:
>>> Also a question: will it work in EM for ext_conf_template.txt? If
>>> not,
>>> than automatically -1 because it will not be consistent.
>>
>> Didn't test, but I disagree and see that as a different thing anyway.
>> Imagine installing an extension for the first time, how should
>> this work
>> while the extension isn't loaded yet?
>
> We should be consistent. Extension does not have to be loaded if it
> wants to use "user" field. It should make code available in some way:
> either through another extension on which it depends or by using a
> LLL-like syntax for user function.

I tested it now. It also works in the EM. The only limitation is that
it works with installed extensions only. This is fine while
installing an extension. The only time an error occurs is when you
view an extension's details and uninstall it from that screen.

A way to solve this could be to turn off the rendereing of the form
fields while an extension is not installed.
What do you think?

Ingo