[TYPO3-core] Installer 2.0 status
thomas at work.de
Thu Aug 16 09:23:19 CEST 2007
>> The problem (Or maybe it's not a problem but a misunderstanding on my
>> side) is, that the translations in sysext/lang only contain english as
>> default language. The installer needs subset translations *before* the
>> system is installed.
> I see... Than you still can put english in sysext/lang, so that
> Installer can be translated. But if use wants another language, you can
> go and fetch it from TER. This way user will also get proper BE language
> when he logs on for the first time.
Yeah that was also an idea and to be honest that would be my favorite.
But to be consequent we should to move the translation handling from extension manager to
setup-center which would be more logic anyway.
I made some tests with that some time ago. I didn't made it run properly that days maybe I'll give
it another try this weekend.
>> Another point is, that the setup-center should be extendable via
>> extensions. In this case the module itself has to provide the
>> translation files. I didn't found a elegant solution for this problem
>> yet. Ideas are welcome.
> If it is expandable with extensions, extensions should use language
> files, which are translatable as well. Of coursr, they have to be on the
> translation server for that. But this is the easiest part ;)
That is already working. It works like the default locallang.xml way. :-)
The idea behind this, was that extension devs can provide wizards for editing the locallang.php
within the framework without the need of writing a complete backend module. Currently this feature
is not that important for version 2.0.
More information about the TYPO3-team-core