[TYPO3-core] Installer 2.0 status

Thomas Hempel thomas at work.de
Thu Aug 16 09:01:24 CEST 2007

Hi,

>> - multilingualism
>>     - each module brings it's own locallang.xml file with labels for
>> each option and method
>>         (It's not decided how these things will be translated!)
>
> Easy: just put all files to sysext/lang as other core modules do. See
> workspace module as example. It will pop up for translation automatically.
The problem (Or maybe it's not a problem but a misunderstanding on my side) is, that the
translations in sysext/lang only contain english as default language. The installer needs subset
translations *before* the system is installed.

Another point is, that the setup-center should be extendable via extensions. In this case the module
itself has to provide the translation files. I didn't found a elegant solution for this problem yet.
Ideas are welcome.

Greets,
Thomas

--