[TYPO3-core] RFC/FYI: adding @var phpDoc variable comments

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Tue Aug 14 11:11:01 CEST 2007

Hi all,

This is a SVN patch request.

Problem:
When working with PHP IDE / PDT / Zend's PHP Plugin for Eclipse you
have code completion on variables the IDE knows their type.
In some/many (?) cases this is not the case because of TYPO3's usage
of t3lib_div::makeInstance().

Solution:
To enable code completion even with using makeInstance you can add
phpDoc before the variables

/**
  * some description for the var
  *
  * @var classWhichThisVariableIsOf
  */

Comments:
Since I consider this a nobrainer I will add those comments to
variables as I come across variables where it makes sense to add
those comments and where they're missing.
- Unless someone complains about this request.

Example:
file: t3lib/class.tslib_pibase.php
variable: tslib_pibase->cObj

/**
  * The backReference to the mother cObj object set at call time
  *
  * @var tslib_cObj
  */

Branch: Trunk