[TYPO3-core] RFC: make workspace module reusable from extensions

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Apr 10 09:55:41 CEST 2007

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Problem: if extension wants to reuse workspace overview, it has copy
>> huge part of workspace module to extension because workspace module
>> does not let to include and reuse existing code.
>
> I guess you are referring to the dupe in the versioning extension? Good
> to see that go away.

Not yet :) For now I started to make parts of workspaces/versioning
reusable. Versioning extension is not yet affected but it will be.

> PS: I still think that it's odd that versioning is an extension, but
> wokspaces are a module, because WS depends on versioning ;-)

Agree. It should be added to core but other exts can have dependencies
onto it. So it should be kepts as a wrapper for system functionality.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs