[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #5088: cache is not saved properly because of charset conflict in the database

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Apr 2 00:35:12 CEST 2007

Hi Dmitry,

> Michael Stucki wrote:
>>> Mysql client encoding and BE encoding must match.
>>
>> That's the point. Since it doesn't match, we should change the field back
>> to mediumblob.
>
> Well, I do think we should change the system so that it works with wrong
> configuration... I do not like the solution, sorry :(

Me too. But obviously there is no other solution, at least not for now. What
we need is a migration tool that checks the contents of sys_templates and
converts them to UTF-8 if necessary. (We will need such a migration tool
anyways, but we just don't have it in place yet...)

> Probably, update wizard should take care of it and update characterset of
> content field appropriately.

Yes, but how do you suggest to help those users until we have that tool
ready?

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out