[TYPO3-core] Planning 4.1

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Fri Sep 22 18:06:20 CEST 2006

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:

> 	- Normalize page types
>
> As far as I know Michael Scharkow has got some ideas about normalizing
> page types. I guess an Update Wizard module will have to be written to
> convert old page types to the new, normalized (i.e. tidied-up) page
> types. (Probably this needs to be discussed in detail in the HCI list.)

Yes, this needs more discussion and a decision and an implementation,
although this should probably be as easy as modifying TCA.

I'd volunteer to throw out static templates completely for 4.1, finally!

> 	- New Install Tool
>
> Michael Scharkow is going to start working on a rewritten Install Tool
> soon, and Patrick Gaumond has spent quite some time doing conceptional
> work about the Install Tool, too. Michael expects the new installer to
> be ready for 4.1 or maybe for 4.2.

At the moment I'm coding the infrastructure (a small generic
controller/view class that should ease development a lot) for the
install tool, and I'll than try to extract the checks and methods from
the old tool, without the output functions...

While we're at it: What is the current policy on branching from trunk
for a limited time? I need to change a little more than just
sysext/install and don't want to break the trunk while working on the
install tool. On the other hand, using our svn would be nice for me and
interested others...

Greetings,
Michael