[TYPO3-core] Kickoff: TYPO3 4.1 (suggestions)

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Mon Sep 11 17:12:43 CEST 2006

Hi Folks,

My suggestion is that for TYPO3 version 4.1 we implement these 3 main
HCI features:

- A new backend frameset, featuring (see attached screenshot)
	a) pull-down menus to access current modules / submodules / function-
menu items
	b) Icon bar below pull-down menu for short cuts to any menu item
	c) AJAX based applications into the menubar to the right (eg.
search, switch-user, workspace selector)
	d) Fully configurable per user using XML (so can be saved, shared etc).
	e) Fully extendable by extensions and based on AJAX
	f) Technically: Done with an IFRAME so that current modules think
they still run in the good old frameset they are used to.
	Target Group: Everyone, will make TYPO3 more modern, less
"confusing" and more like applications they already know. Will hide
lots of complexity in menus.
	Inspiration: In fact, this is as Tapio seems to already have worked
on and what Lasse N. once made a working example for! (see the very
first podcast if you like).