[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bidirectioanl MM relations

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Fri Sep 8 18:33:51 CEST 2006

Hi Franz,

Franz Holzinger wrote:
> MM tables should be changed in a way to make them editable in with TCE
> forms in the backend.
>
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2822
>
> This will be needed in the future, because when you have additional
> attributes to mm relations then those need a backend interface to the
> user.

The idea of storing additional information attached to relations is
good, but I think making mm-tables editable like any other tables
configured in TCA would cause a lot of problems and unexpected behavior.

Anyway, I'd say our patch just does what it's supposed to do and there's
no need to mix-up the discussion about it with discussions about changes
as radical as the one you propose.

So, any more +1s?

cheers
Ingmar