[TYPO3-core] RFC: performance enhancement for BE

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Fri Sep 1 09:01:46 CEST 2006

Hi!

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Hmmm. While I like the improvement of this patch, I dislike having it in
> TYPO3_4-0. It is definitely a feature, may it harm or not!

Well, I did not see it as a feature :) But if you think so - it is
removed from 4.0 branch now.

> Please be more strict to the rules we have set up on our own. We did so
> because we want to make a promise to our users:
>
> Patch versions do _never_ cause any problems!
>
> I truely believe Dmitry and everybody else that this patch worked fine on
> their system, but still there is a small chance that this could case
> trouble on a system. After all, that's not what we want to risk because
> this is not the reason why we intended the patch level versions.

Well, any patch can result in a trouble on one system... But this does
not stop us from making patches. This particular patch was verified for
significant amount of time...

> PS: Two more comments about the change as such:
> - Since .htaccess files affect subdirectories recursively, I think that
>   one .htaccess in typo3/ would be good enough.

Generally yes. It is one file less but .htaccess in typo3/ will be
processed each time when file from typo3 is used even though it does not
affect these files. My intention was to put it to the deepest directory
possible to avoid processing of unnecessary files. But I can place a
single file to typo3/ of course, just confirm it once more, please.

> - Some of the files contained Windows line breaks. Please remove them.

Argh, Subclipse on Windows makes patches like this even though files
itself are Unix style. I always change line endings in editplus
afterwards but this time I think I forgot :( Sorry

--
Dmitry Dulepov
http://typo3bloke.net/