[TYPO3-core] 4.0.3 next week?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Oct 31 16:40:39 CET 2006

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> sorry for being so silent in the past few weeks. A lot of discussion
> happened meanwhile, I'm currently reading through all of them...
>
> If there is something urgent that requires my feedback, please ask again. I
> might have overlooked that.
>
> Unfortunately I'm late with asking, but still I would like to know if you
> agree that we need 4.0.3 now.
>
> In my opinion, there are quite some changes in fixed in Subversion already,
> but there are some more important issues left. I have fixed some of them,
> some more (e.g. IE7 compatibility) still needs to be done.
>
> We could release 4.0.3-rc1 immediately, but on the other side there is
> nothing which is really urgent. Therefore I would like to wait until some
> of these patches are ready (I'll post them right next) instead of waiting
> another month for them.
>
> After all I expect that we can roll out a new RC in three days from now.
>
> Questions:
> - Do you want 4.0.3-rc1 now or do you accept to wait three more days?

Wait.

> - Are there any important issues which are not resolved yet?

I think yes.

> - Which ones?

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4409
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3594

The first one in fact can wait, it is only "very nice to have".

The second one affects localization and I have to patch all my
multilanguage installations manually. The thread with patches was first
posted on 31.07.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/