[TYPO3-core] Approving patches

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Oct 30 10:10:38 CET 2006

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Would it make sense to split the setting up (for performance reasons) so
> you can enable the feature for linkData (affects ALL link) or only for
> typoLink (affects MOST links)?

Yes. However if linkData is not set, it should take value from typoLink.

> Anyway, how is a user supposed to know
> the differences of typolink and linkdata.

If we can collect information where precizely these values are used,
than it should be easier for users. Those, who do not ant to care, can
always use typoLink.

> IMHO neither
> "typolinkCheckRootline" nor "linkdataCheckRootline" are very good names.
> Even the "checkrootline" part is rather cryptic.

Agree. But compatibility, you know...

May be ts2 will have better names.

--
Dmitry Dulepov