[TYPO3-core] RFC: who-is-online for BE

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Oct 27 09:20:31 CEST 2006

Hi!

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> HOWEVER A BIG WARNING: If you want to change working code here it
> requires an extremely clear mind! THis is NOT a trivial change! If you
> remove the declaration and overlook a variable you needed to change to
> $GLOBALS['...'] then you might not get an error immediately but
> introduced a tricky bug that is found much later! Whoever does these
> conversions has to be dead-sure he finds them all. I know how hard such
> a tedious task can be for my mind to get right!

Hint: modern IDEs show this immediately (both Zend & phpEclipse) as
warnings. They show many warning for uninitialized variables in typo3.
Many of the are false warnings due to result valriables passed to
function by reference but some were a real error (fixed now).

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs