[TYPO3-core] RFC: who-is-online for BE

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Oct 25 19:21:21 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb am 25.10.2006 17:56:

> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Branch: trunk
>
> Problem: no way to tell which users are logged in
>
> Solution: add a new drop down option "list users online" to the module
> "tools > user admin".

That looks pretty cool. Never seen a request for that, thou. :)

> Notes: the host column lists the IPs and has the hostnames as tooltip.
> The SU-usernames column lists the names of the admins switched to the
> user in the same row.

Instead of a column for "SU-usernames" (which will be empty almost all
times), I would add the su-information in the "Usernames" column, e.g.:

  user1
  baschny (su from admin)

The "Timestamps" column should be renamed to something more meaningful,
e.g. "Last seen" or whatever the timestamp tries to express.

And the columns should be named in singular, as it refers to each row
individually, and this is consistent to all other TYPO3 BE tables. E.g.:

  Last seen | Host | Username

> The HTML-Code (and the PHP loops necessary) is a
> bit wacky because I didn't figure out a better way to get a compatible
> layout (consistent with other tables in the BE).

Unfortunately I have no knowledge in backend rendering of content, which
is why I cannot really tell you how it should be done. Check out
template.php:template::table(), maybe it's that what you need?

> Also noteworthy is that
> the session timeout uses $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['sessionTimeout'].

While you were removing the unneeded "globals", you could also get rid
of it altogether (at least in this part of the code) and access globals
using $GLOBALS. Those "globals" lists on top of each BE-module's
function is pretty annoying and not really up-to-date with current PHP
coding style.

I would say a "+0" for now from me.

Cheers,
Ernesto