[TYPO3-core] UTF-8 in file names

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Oct 19 11:30:22 CEST 2006

Hi!

As part of the ongoing UTF8-ification I have enabled UTF-8 in file names. I
have created an XCLASS extension for this (for easier testing). I could not
upload it to TER (may not start with "u" but I'm not going to rename it).

To enable this feature put

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['UTF8filesystem'] = TRUE;

into your localconf.php. You must also have set forceCharset to UTF-8.

Little change is needed, but note the use of encodeURIComponent() to pass
UTF8 in URLs around. encodeURIComponent() is supported by all current browsers.

Masi