[TYPO3-core] RFC: improving index of sys_template

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Sat Oct 14 11:49:16 CEST 2006

Hi.

I looked up a few things, here we go.

On 13.10.2006, at 11:54, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Karsten Dambekalns wrote:
>> Support for table types is there already, I implemented it a while
>> back.
>> Correct me if that was only for DBAL. :)

The regular install stuff detects and uses the table type if given in
a dump.

> So, if they are there, may be can declare some tables as InnoDB? This
> will really improve performance. Especially for cache_* and sys_stat.

Yes, you can assign the types. No detection for the supported storage
engines is done in TYPO3, but the MySQL manual says:

"If you try to use a storage engine that is not compiled in or that
is compiled in but deactivated, MySQL instead creates a table using
the default storage engine. ... This automatic substitution of the
default storage engine for unavailable engines can be confusing for
new MySQL users. In MySQL 4.1, a warning is generated when a storage
engine is automatically changed."

So besides maybe producing a warning - which will never be fetched
into anything - this will always work.

Regards,
Karsten
--