[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 md5 hashes - exemplified in bug#4363

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Oct 13 11:42:07 CEST 2006

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> But this has to be checked: where does TYPO3 build indices based in md5
> hashes and whole long does the key get. As the hash will be pretty much
> at start of the key it won't matter much.

Need to search for "t3lib_div::shortmd5" and review each case carefully...

It will matter if index is too long regardless of hash position in it.

> Eg
> hashcol,intcol,stringcol - if necessary the part of the stringcol of the
> index can be shortened quite easily.

Yep. I read in mysql performance book that even partial string in index
greatly improves performance. That book was written by a guys who
optimized mysql for yahoo servers. He worked with mysql team and they
even have sample chapter of his book at mysql site. Good book.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs