[TYPO3-core] Anyone left who knows about rtehmalre internals?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Oct 12 16:58:54 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> The current RTE has a serious problem on IE. After a few right-clicks
>> (context menu) IE crashes. MS sucks, yadda, yadda, ... but we all know
>> not supporting IE is not a solution.
>>
>> I know nothing of rtehtmlare except that it's a whole load of complex
>> configuration options and funny JS.
>

> May be my dream will become true and we will use tinymce in 4.1. Many
> products switch to tinymce. Recently LifeType switched and WordPress is
> using tinymce for ages. Everyone has only problems with htmlarea. It is
> large, slow and unstable...

Fine with me, if it is compatible to the old RTE, which was requirement for
rtehtmlare. Also the new rtetinymce has now to become compatible with
rtehtmlare.

With compatible I mean the configuration.

OTOH, the configuration of the RTE is really cryptic and error prone.
Personally I'd hate to do a reconfig of all my old sites, but if the new
configuration is so much better I may be convinced. Or is this a 5.0 thing?

Masi