[TYPO3-core] RFC: improving index of sys_template

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Oct 12 14:00:56 CEST 2006

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Any other ideas on improving the DB layout?

I adjusted several other indexes. I'll check later.

> I know that you have also changed the table types. Do you think it is
> worth trying to make the installer/SQLparser deal with Mysql table types
> gracefully (eg it doesn't choke if Mysql doesn't support it for some
> reason).

I changes sys_stat, all cache_*, index_*, tx_realurl_*cache* tables to
InnoDB and it started to work faster. Since I have one very popular
site, I had problems with table locks when MyISAM was used. MyISAM locks
the whole table on update preventing others from reading. I often saw
full screen of locked threads waiting for cache_pagesection, for
example. When I changed to InnoDB, no locks any more. Also I got read of
table corruptions that happen when MyISAM is under high load.

Another thing we could try is to use INSERT DELAYED for sys_stat. Simply
disabling sys_stat increases speed a lot.

Indexed search updates and select is a nightmare. Searches sometimes
take from 30 seconds to several minutes. I tried investigating and
adjusting indexes there but with no luck.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs