[TYPO3-core] RFC: new function loadTcaAdditions in t3lib_div

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Oct 11 16:27:46 CEST 2006

Franz Holzinger schrieb:
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type:
> library enhancement
>
> Branches:
> 4.x,trunk
>
> User writes:
> When someone writes an extension of an extension e.g. using XCLASS then
> the extending TCA fields to the original table are not used. Someone
> would have to call tslib_fe::includeTCA(); but this would include all
> possible TCA files when only one additional was needed.
>
> Solution:
> Add a new function to t3lib_div which loads the extending TCA files
> (ext_tables.php) of the extensions given as parameter array.

-1 as it takes an ext. list as a parameter.

I propose a solution where for each table a serialized array is stored in
typo3temp/TCA_<hash>/tablename.data. This copy is created at the same time
typo3conf/temp_CACHED_<hash>_ext_tables.php is written. A new method of
TSFE may load this files and generate them if necessary.

If we want to use the same stuff in the BE to save memory there we could
make it typo3temp/TCA_<TYPO3_MODE>_<hash>/.

With this concept we could also get rid of the crippled compressed TCA of
FE which has its problems (localization does not work during a BE session).

Masi