[TYPO3-core] Planning 4.1

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Wed Oct 11 15:37:16 CEST 2006

>> ....and there's still the wish to be able to completely disable
>> workspaces.
>
> This is not possible, core is now deep in workspaces. However if
> people
> do not use them, it is the same as if workspaces do not exist.

Right.

A setting in TYPO3_CONF_VARS could always for the Live workspace on
everyone (done in one of the t3lib_-user classes) and hide selectors
in the backend.

> It is possible to switch off workspace module + workspace selector.
> When
> people do not use workspace module, there is nothing that reminds them
> about workspaces. I think this should be a solution.
>
> If Kasper approves it, I can do it. The plan would be to move
> workspace
> module to _system_ extension and to manage workspace selector
> effectively depending on the installation of such extension. As a side
> effect we can get an API to install applets to bottom frame (nice
> thing
> I suppose).

I'm not in favor of moving the user/ws module - just keep it and
allow access control to disable it. Why should we move it?

Bottom frame does not exist in the future.

- kasper