[TYPO3-core] DAM/file-mounts and 4.1

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Oct 2 09:25:55 CEST 2006

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>>While playing with workspaces I thought about ways to mark file mounts
>>as read only. But waht are now the plans for DAM? Will it now be shipped
>>with 4.1 as it has been the wish? And if, will it replace file mounts?
>
> Rupert is going to meet up with a couple of people on T3CON to see what
> makes sense concerning DAM. However, as 4.1 is meant to be shipped some
> time in November, I think even if DAM is to be integrated into the Core
> at some point, it won't be ready for 4.1.

What I have in mind is the following:

a) Extend the file mounts to have a check box "read only".

b) Extend work spaces that they optionally grant acces to user file mounts

c) Extend WS to make some or all file mounts read only

d) Change DRAFT so that it has read only user file mounts

Ad b:

In bug #4203 I have outlined options to add new file mount features in WS.
The idea is to allow also user file mounts (possibly by merging or
intersectig them with the WS file mounts).

Ad c:

Additionally I waat to add a WS option that decclares some or all file
mounts as read only. The options are:

* all file mounts
* only user file mounts
* only WS file mounts

Of course a file mount marled as read only in it's record will always be
read only.

Masi

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4203

PS: As for the time frame of 4.1: has anything happened to get a 4.1 in
November? The list is extremely is silent in the last few week.