[TYPO3-core] RFC: cli_dispatch.phpsh

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Wed Nov 29 18:05:53 CET 2006

You are right, seems "TYPO3_cliKey" is not used anywhere. So we can
remove it.

I'm ok with you guys trying to improve the dispatch script so it
works on more environments, but I just want you to be very careful,
because when it works one place it usually breaks another. I know
from experience how difficult it was to deduct the absolute paths for
scripts on multiple os/server types etc.

- WIll it work with/without symlinks?
- Will it work on unix/windows?
- Will it work with/without "#!/bin/php" vs. "php -f ..."
- Will it work with relative path calling it?
- Will it work from within a cronjob?
- Will it work if say a mailserver like postgress pipes stuff into it?

The point of having the dispatch script is that if we can find a
common solution to all these scenarios, ALL cli-scripts using it will
benefit from it. On the other hand all Cli scripts will break if not.

- kasper