[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #4555: double posts do not get found

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Sat Nov 25 12:12:38 CET 2006

Hello Michael,

> > Problem:
> > The double post identifier key is stored as a UNSIGNED INT 32 Bit (4
> > Byte) - function calcDoublePostKey. In the query however this key is
> > converted into PHP int, which is a different value in many cases. This
> > happens with integers are larger than 2147483647. Then it would be
> > converted into a negative integer.
>
> I wonder how this could be tested? Did you click 500 times? ;-)

Just go back in the browser or reload:

http://fholzinger.com/index.php?id=219&tt_board_uid=223&cHash=f5c18efd5e

tt_board, e.g. version 1.1.1 from 11.11.2006.

> > Solution:
> > Change the query to not convert the key into a signed integer.
>
> I slowly begin to understand the problem: You have removed the intval() wrap
> because the value inside could be more than this:
>
> The $key parameter is coming from ->calcDoublePostKey() which returns a
> hexdec() result. According to PHP.net this is a float, not int. (They are
> both private functions, so we can trust that this is fine.)
>
> This has nothing to do with the database, it's just the comparison value which
> is calculated wrong!
>
> > Branches: TYPO3_4-0 & Trunk
>
> Untested, but +1
> Do _not_ commit to TYPO3_4-0 unless 4.0.3 is finished (RC freeze!)

I would like to have tt_board also working with Debian, please!
(Announcing TYPO3 4.0.3-rc1)
Someone has written on the developer list that it would be shipped with
TYPO3.

Greetings,

Franz