[TYPO3-core] UTF-8 in file names

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Nov 23 11:16:11 CET 2006

Karsten Dambekalns schrieb:

> I have some more questions, though: The patch/ext still replaces  space
> with _, the same is true for "[] and otehr characters. I hereby
> publicly raise the question: We could allow them, no?

I thought about that and have (I think they are in the code) created
regexps that disallow only characters reserved in URLs, HTML/XML and file
systems.

But then again, I was afraid to start the discussion and hold up the patch
because of it.

> Shell arguments
> should be escaped properly anyway, the regular PHP file functions can
> cope with those characters fine (I have been using directories with
> spaces in their names for a while just fine).

Spaces are not allowed in URLs, but file names will be used in URLs.

Dangerous characters:

file system: * | \ / : < > ? " non-printables
HTML: & < > "

Additionally TYOP3 doesn't like commas as it uses them as separators in
group fields. Which could be change and handled by update scripts ;-)

Masi