[TYPO3-core] t3lib_BEfunc::getProcessedValue hook fixes

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Fri Nov 17 13:38:19 CET 2006

Hi !

Attached a new fixed version of the diff ...

I would really like to get this into 4.0.3 as it is required for a nice
extension I wrote and which will soon become public :

http://think-open.org/kraftb/index/kb_dmail_wiz/

It is a direct-mail wizard which takes you through sending a newsletter in
4 steps (or 5 if you have configured categories)

Martin Kutschker wrote:

>>Definitely. The hook is for processing values, so it should not allow
>>(much) more than that. Otherwiese you might change stuff in a way  that
>>modifies the system behaviour in the middle of a request. Who  want's to
>>debug the bug reports for those cases? ;)

I removed all parameter references where it is not necessary - but I hope you
agree with me that vars like $fixed_lgd_cs or $defaultPassthrough should get
passed by reference so it is possible to change the behaviour of the calling
method (for exampel a hook could decide that it outputs html and does not want
it to get truncated by fixed_lgd_cs)

>>>Well, the API requires an object. But if the functions is static it
>>>should
>>>of course be a dummy var.
>>

>>Just pass null, I'd say.

i created a dummy var and set it to NULL - anybody who uses this hook should know
that he shoud access $GLOBALS['SONE'] or it's ->doc variable to interact with the
API. I'll wrote a little info in front of the first hook.

greets,
Bernhard
"Freiheit ist immer auch die Freiheit des Andersdenkenden"
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871 - 1919
[[ http://think-open.at | Open source company ]]